View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 05:38 PM   #4
VintageBob

Default I Tow a Vintage 19RBS with a 2013 Volvo XC60 T6

Hi veysiyildiz,

I tow a VC 19RBS with my 20013 Volvo XC60 T6. My experience has been very good but all depends on the specifics. Note: Can Am RV in Ontario Canada is an expert in towing small and large trailers with European cars and SUVs check out their website.

My trailer: 23' from tongue to bumper - 3500# empty - 4200# loaded (with empty water and waste tanks). Tongue weight 370 MT 430 loaded

My towing setup: I have an aftermarket Curt Hitch that is rated for a Weight Distribution System. I upgraded my rear shocks to performance Bilstein's.
I use the Recurve R6 Weight Distributing hitch (WDH) with sway control. I have a Wireless Curt Echo brake controller.

My Car: The XC60 T6 has a turbocharged inline 6 that produces 300hp at 5600 rpm and 325 ftlbs of torque from 2100 rpm. I use CIPA extension mirrors. I put about 5-6 PSI extra in the rear tires. I always use "sport" mode while towing. My car weighs about 4200# about the same as the loaded trailer.

My Results: Power and torque are way more than adequate. Braking is good - adjusting the setting on the Echo Controller takes a bit of trial and error. Sport Mode is critical the engine shifting and revs in sport mode keep the engine from lugging and I have had no overheating issues. The WDH and the stiffer shocks keeps the rear end from drooping.

Respond of you have any specific questions I have not answered.
VintageBob is offline   Reply With Quote