View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 10:21 AM   #3
TexasTaylors

Thanks Chuck. I agree with much of what you have said. Good WDH and brake controller are a must and are part of our plan. I've spent most of my life pulling stock trailers, boats, and big food trucks. But first time I've tried to pull anything with the Gladiator, so doing a lot of thinking before buying.

I hadn't seen the wheelbase formula before - thanks for that. So the Gladiator wheelbase is 137" (just went and measured it to validate the spec), so per the formula you provided we should be good to 20" + (137-110)/4 = 26.75' as you say.

I see weight as the biggest challenge. Depending on the options on the unit, some of these go around 4100#, so we will need to exercise some discipline to stay under 80%. We don't plan to boondock, so traveling with empty tanks should be easy to do. Payload in the Gladiator is probably the nearest limit, as the tongue weight + 2 adults almost gets us to the payload limit.

We also don't plan any mountain travel - mostly north central Texas so not planning on climbing hills, etc.

Thanks for the advice - still thinking about options here.
TexasTaylors is offline   Reply With Quote