View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
David Bott

Hi...

See photos below. The mesh is from Lowes and can be found in the sheet metal area. Cleaned off and then spray painted black. You can take the glass out and replace it with the mesh by removing the doors and on the inside of the doors you will see small trim holding it in place around the edges. Remove this trim, remove the glass, place in the already painted mesh, tack back in trim. Poof, you have vented doors.

View from outside.

Inside of door showing small trim holding it in place.

Battery Filler...Water bottle with a sports pop top so you than can squeeze in the amount you need.

Did not do anything to hold up the trash door. Was thinking about adding a small pneumatic rod. Do not have an issue with electric door as it has a rod. (T-40B vs F I think.)

Inside top seal of main slide...HA HA HA HA! (Sorry, not laughing at you.) You see, I say that for I am in the same boat. At this point I have side inside seals but am not using a top one. I have one I can put on, but I am not sure it will stay based on on the slide works. It hits at the top first and then slides down. As such, the motion of it coming down with all that pressure on it, well, just pulls it right off. It really is a poor design in this regard.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote