View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:12 AM   #5
darbyjudy

Default Rally fee

Thanks folks for the explanation. I am used to just going to the monthly campout and paying the site fee. At each of ours we have a host couple and they provide the entertainment, a happy hour and then normally the meat for the Saturday night potluck. then the president and the past president cook pancakes and sausages for the Sunday morning breakfast. It seems to me that if you had 15 couples attend the campout at $17.00 a couple for the rally fee that would come to $255.00. Now if they provide all the food it would take that much but if they are only providing a short breakfast and the the meat for the Saturday night meal , they should be a some money left. who gets this money that is left.
Also in our good Sam Chapter we have several things we do each year to earn money for the chapter , at the samboree we sometimes sell sandwiches and also have a 50/50. We use this money to buy shirts for the chapter members, give to charity a couple times a year and at christmas. Another thing we do is each month each couple brings two cans of vegetables and we put this in a box and give to the favorite charity of the host couple.
I guess each organization does things a little different. It sounds as if the Rally fee would be fine by me. Just a little different than what I am used to.
Thanks for the information.