View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 11:13 PM   #6
Bill Reetz

Different procedures for different clubs. The Florida Sun Gators have been meeting since about 1990 or maybe earlier - I only joined about 4 years ago. The procedure I explained above has been our operating norm all long. We have 29 rigs and average 20-22 per rally. We have 9 "official" rallies each year Oct through June with a few impromptu rallies when the mood hits (New Years, Labor Day, or just a group taking off together (we started on July 30th with 8 rigs, all met in Southern Georgia, moved on to Charleston SC, Stone Mountain GA, Helen GA, Warm Springs, GA and Crystal River FL) with people joining up and dropping out along the way over the 15 day rolling rally growing to as many as 12 rigs at one point.

Our "fee schedule" is based on members $15/couple (members - dues are $10/year/rig) and guests $17. Every member is required to assist or host a minimum of 1 rally per year. Since we are primarily a retired group (or semi retired) a rally that runs from Friday thru Sunday will normally see 50% of the group arriving Thursday or earlier. Those arriving earlier do whatever they want - if there's an interest we get together for a communal breakfast with everyone chipping in something, a package of bacon, dozen eggs, bowl of fresh fruit, muffins, hash brown potato casserole, grits, biscuits & gravy whatever they feel like.

As I said earlier if you don't get enough to eat at one of our rallies - it isn't beacuse the food wasn't available.