View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 11:24 PM   #10
mandmtravelers

Cool It's been a year to the day!

Since I last posted - wasn't even planned, just thought I would hit up the forum for a question or two and came across my OP!

Finally got the RV around June of 2019. Immediately had to put it in the shop for a couple of months (RV dealers are lying liars). Air compressor for air ride system was half-ass bolted on and came off, as well as a few other issues. Bought the extended warranty, so it paid for itself right away (which is not the norm, I know).

First trip was a doozie - OKC to south of Austin and had to do it in a single day (special circumstances and limited time). Able to make a couple more trips before the season closed down. On the last trip out drove in the rain for the first time. Guess what? Flowing water coming down the front of the cab (behind the backup camera screen) and water in the front passenger-side basement. More on those in a moment:

Despite the issues, LOVE LOVE LOVE the SN. Replaced king bed with custom adjustable twins, replaced headlights, ride is what I expected, so no disappointment there. Got the Garmin RV 780 for nav (can't hear radio in the cab anyway). Ran great on the road and excited to get back out once the social distancing passes.

Replacing interior ceiling lights with custom-made LEDs, going to place dynamat or lizard skin in cab-over and cab floor for noise/heat reduction. Trying to decide if/how to install larger TV for the wife and grandkids. Still haven't got a toad set up.

Now, about the leaks. The RV has sat in the rain before and had no issues (other than the front basement leaking). Once I was driving in the rain, water was pouring down from behind the backup monitor (shorted out the stereo on below). Had the rig stored inside since the last trip with desiccant boxes to dry it out. Before I crawl up on the roof I understand that the marker lights are a common cause. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
mandmtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote