View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 05:55 PM   #11
SlimTim

[QUOTE= Now, about the leaks. The RV has sat in the rain before and had no issues (other than the front basement leaking). Once I was driving in the rain, water was pouring down from behind the backup monitor (shorted out the stereo on below). Had the rig stored inside since the last trip with desiccant boxes to dry it out. Before I crawl up on the roof I understand that the marker lights are a common cause. Any other ideas?]

Hello Mandmtravelers

I would check the seal between the front cap and the cab of the truck, the front cap to roof joint and the sky window located in the front cap (if your Supernova was equipped with a sky window) in addition to the marker lights.

My Supernova had a leak in the sky window when I purchased it. It appears the fiberglass on the front cap had a small hole around the sky window and water would slowly come inside. The water coming in would collect under the floor in the above cab area and create a pool, and eventually it would start running through the front cap-to-cab retaining bolt holes as well as down the sides of the front cap inside of the motor home. The bad thing was you could not see were the water was coming from because all the water was between the internal walls/floor of the cap and the cap wall. When I pulled it apart to locate the leak the floor in the above cab area was completely rotted out and required replacement.

Good Luck
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote