View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
natemoore

I failed to take intermediate pictures, but what I did was remove the top molding entirely, then pull back the horizontal drip channel and vertical corner molding on both sides to allow room to work on the membrane.

I scrubbed everything with mineral spirits to remove residual sticky white rubber and dirt. A plastic putty knife is good for removing caulk from painted surfaces without scratching them.

I used Endurabond, 4" wide, extra thick roof repair tape and the normal 2" wide Endurabond tape.

I used the 4" wide tape to extended the roof membrane down over the aluminum siding in the rear and the sides. I overlapped in the rear by about 1-1/4" and about 2" on the sides. Next, I applied an 8" long strip on the sides, overlapping the first strip by about an inch and over the sides by about 2".

Next, I reinstalled the horizontal drip channel molding and the vertical corner molding, making sure the membrane is flat as possible. However, I did not want to create a dam in the corner like was originally there, so I trimmed about 5" of the top portion of the vertical corner molding such that only about an inch wrapped up over the top.