View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 11:54 PM   #10
Westwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisure Time Larry View Post
Hi Mark,

It may be worthwhile to check to see what converter is in your 5230. Mine has a Progressive Dynamics Iteli Power 9100 series model, which allowed me to install a Charge Wizard pendant. For $25, I was able to turn my converter into a smart charger. Now I just leave my motorhome plugged into shore power all of the time when in storage.

Otherwise, I think either of your suggested options are fine.

To answer hossross, I do believe that the converter has its own connection to the battery(s) and will charge regardless of what position the OFF/ON switch is in.

Last observation, that LP detector in the photo looks original. They have a limited lifespan of about 7 years. They will just start going off randomly to let you know it is for sure time. I recommend planning to change it soon to avoid the terrible audible reminder which will often be at the worst time.
Thanks for the pointer on the LP detector. I recently read about the limited lifespan and will definitely pick up a new one for next season!

My converter is a Parallax model 7345. Picture in my previous post. I will do a little research and see what it is capable of! At this point I am leaning towards removing the coach battery (1x 12v) for winter and maintaining it on the bench! It is a NAPA 27RVS so is a deep cycle!
Westwood is offline   Reply With Quote