View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #6
SlimTim

[QUOTE][/The engine (maxxforce diesel) has some controversy because it was used by Ford. Ford made changes that caused a lot of problems and by association all Maxxforce engines are tarred with the same brush.QUOTE]

Just to clarify, it is unlikely a 2008 GS Supernova has the Maxxforce Diesel. The Maxxforce “engine” was not introduced until 2008 and most GS Supernovas have a 2007 or older engine in them. The Maxxforce was a 6.4 litre engine introduced to meet the 2008 emissions requirements. The engine in your soon to be Supernova is likely to be a VT365 which is a 6 litre engine. I have only ever seen one Maxxforce engine in a Supernova and it was a 2011 model. My 2010 Supernova is built on a 2007 truck and has a 2005 engine. If you take the vin number to International they can usually tell you everything about the truck.

The Supernova is not perfect, but I love my 6400. The engines do have some issues, just like any other Diesel engine out there. The good news is the issues are well documented and easily managed if you have concerns. Build quality seems to be good in some areas and I simply shake my head when looking at other areas. Fresh, gray and black water capacity are good if you do a lot of dry camping.

In summary, are there better motorhome out there, probably yes. But for the price point and what I use it for the GS Supernova is the best choice for me.

Have fun and enjoy your new RV.

Tim Clay
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote