View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 11:02 AM   #2
RayChez1

I think you are referring to the compartment doors? Not sure what type Gulf Stream used that year, but on mine I found that what breaks inside is a little lever made out of pot medal and if you slam the compartment door down hard that breaks. What I done instead of buying door latches all the time and they are expensive, I decided to make the part that breaks easy out of steel. I went to a home depot and bought a stripe of steel about one eighth by one inch and it was about a yard long. I marked the piece to be made by laying the broken piece over and marked it with a pencil. Then I took the strap to a small grinder I have and shaped it, drilled the hole where the screw holds it in place and I eliminated the problem for ever. I made several and replaced the part on all of my door locks.

Now I also replaced all the latches on my cabinets with ABA 4 Grabbers which were sold by SouthCo. But I noticed on the computer that Amazon sells them now. They are great for cabinets and easy to install. You can look those up on Goggle.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote