View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 05:20 PM   #6
RayChez1

I agree with photobug17 the best way to haul a motor home or diesel pusher is on a low boy. I have had mine done both ways, but with a regular wrecker lifting just from the front the tow truck operator has to crawl under to mark the U-joint with chalk before he removes the drive shaft. That way when they repair your coach they can put the drive shaft in the same position it was before. If not, you might get a vibration from the drive shaft. But a low boy is the way to go. I ask Coach-Net which is my road side service provider that I want a low boy and that is what they have sent. I got some bad fuel in Sundance, Wy and a regular tow truck towed me to Gillette, Wy and man he was towing my coach which weighs 32K lbs at 80 miles per hour. I used to have a little Ford ranger as a tow and I could barely stay up with that tow truck. LOL. I did not like being towed that way and the next time I had problems with my coach which was a Huei pump failure, I asked for a low boy and it was nice. I forgot to mention also if towed on a regular towing truck, he has to run an air hose to supply air and in order to release the air brakes. If he does not have the air hose, then he has to have a special tool to compress the springs on the diaphragm to release the rear brakes in order to be able to tow it.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote