View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 11:56 AM   #10
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
How did the two truck hook up to you, Ray?
In Wyoming on the regular big tow truck, he marked the drive shaft, then took it off, then he run a hose and hooked it up to release the spring brakes on the rear. On the front he had to add an extension to the part that gets under the front wheels, then lifts it up just so many inches. I can not tell how high because I did not pay that much attention, but man he was hauling for about 80 miles at about 80 MPH. I could barely keep up with my little Ford ranger. Took us to Freight liner at Gillette. They could not get me in the same day, but they had hookups and let us sleep on our coach over night. Next day it was in and they said the filters were plugged up with bad fuel, and they also told me which I am not sure whether to believe them or not, but they said that Cat engines have a sensor that will shut the engine down when the oil gets down to where it needs changing out. So they also changed the oil and greased all the fittings on the chassis. Total was like $160.00 which I could not believe how reasonable it was. Another thing that bothers me is that if the fuel was dirty or bad and plugged up the fuel filters, why didn't it plugged up again. They did not dump all the fuel on the coach. So those are question marks. I personally think the filter after all the driving I had done, just needed changing. I was driving all over the country from the west coast to the east and up and down trying to catch as many attractions as possible. I did not get home til six months later. LOL!
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote