Thread: 2006 tourmaster
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
Chuck v

Rusty,

Yes, the factory documentation on the TourMaster coaches is abysmal. Here is a bit of what I have learned about my 2007 model that might be of some help. Your 2006 might be different in some respects.

The household looking switch in the area of the tank monitoring panel is the electric heating element for the 10 gallon water heater. Be certain that it is on ONLY if there is water in the heater as it will burn out if run dry. This switch is in series with the electric heating switch in the water heater access compartment on the outside of the coach -- both need to be on to work on shore power.

My refrigerator is a large household appliance, and does not run on anything but AC...it does not run on propane, but will run off the inverter while driving.

In my coach there is a panel showing AC and inverter status in the cabinet over the dash where the DVD player and audio equipment are. You should be able to select what AC utility service is connected so the inverter does not try to supply too much of the load by itself.

The water manifold is a bit odd in that I believe that you have to have one of the individual valve knobs in the "off" position to get hot water throughout the coach -- on is BYPASS in this case. I think it is the number 9 valve pair...but I am not at the coach at the moment.

Hope this gets you started. everyone here is really helpful, and we all have seen how little the 'owner's manual" from GS can be counted upon to be informative.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote