View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 12:25 AM   #6
David Bott

Hello All...

Ok, so I have learned that the RV industry is, well, strange. After all, they build the RV, the dealer sells it. I would expect that the build would be something of pride and not left to the dealer. I would expect the dealer to do a final clean up before delivery, but would not have expected what I have found thus far.

But seeing you all, who have had MUCH MORE experience than I at this, say this is the way it is, then so be it. (yes, weird as it may be. )

And Lockdoc..."It is a bit late to ask if you made the right choice" LOL, you are so right.

I have also noticed one other thing now that we have stopped at a few places. I have yet yo see another Tour Master. But I will say that we are the largest thing I have ever seen come down the road in upstate NY.

Also, correct, I should have maybe bought at home. But where I live is not the best RV market as you may guess. (As mentioned, upstate NY) Camping World is as big as it gets and they do not carry Gulf Stream, for as they said, "Too many issues". I was kind of taken back by that but thought it must have been something else busniess related.

I ended up looking around, I found a used Revolution here, but as I continued my search came across the Tour Master. It was in Jacksonville, FL at Dick Gores RV World. A 2008 pre-emission M330 T40B. It so happened we were going to Orlando in two days for a trade show. So we rented a car and headed to Jacksonville to see it and only spent one day at the show vs 2. After seeing it I could not find a way to consider the money they wanted for the 2006 Rev. So we bought the TM. Fly back two weeks later and here we are. BTW...Got 8.7 MPG on the way home.

So their you have it. REALLY new to this stuff. Had NO CLUE about how this worked, but do now. BUT I still do blame the factory for the fresh water drain line being to tight, the speaker that should NEVER have been put in, and some other things that really should have no excuse. (IE, the opening basement doors! Heck, thats a safety thing!)

So we are off on our adventure.

(Side note...Thanks GS for the HD sets, but you wired the RV all COMPOSITE!!!! It can not carry HD from say a Blu-ray player or even a Hi-def sat box. Even the DVD system you have in it can do COMPONENT video, but you did not run any wires for it. Even the switch box can do component video, but you did not run it. You only ran Composite video and left and right audio. Now how am I to run the correct wires or even a SINGLE HDMI cable???? BTW....I will be installing a front projector that will project onto the privacy screen. It is great that it just drops down and is white!!! Then even the surround sound will be correctly placed. )
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote