View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #68
wdawsonsr

Send a message via AIM to wdawsonsr
Default 2008 Tour Master T40F

I have a response to the level of quality control & design on the Tour Master. This is our 4th motorhome. I have always figured when buying new you might as well figure it will take a year to get the bugs out. Our last motorhome was a 2004 Fleetwood Discovery (our 3rd Discovery). We purchased the coach in AZ. By the time we got home to NH we had 24 items on our "punch" list. I thought this was terrible. But I contacted Fleetwood & faxed them my list. They responded with the name of the nearest dealer & all was well within two months. In the winter no less.

We now live in Albany, OR. We purchased our 2008 Tour Master T40F at an RV Show in Eugene, OR on 1/26/08. Our first trip to CA the first of Feb gave us a list of 61 items. Such things as windshield wipers stalling at full extension when travelling in moderate to high winds. It's really nice when you're driving at night in driving rain/snow mix on a two lane road. when we arrived in the first town we found that the door on the water manifold bay had popped open. Duct tape to the rescue. After arriving in CA I found that the door latch was not adjusted properly. Using some washers from my toolbox I was able to position the latch to that it stays latched. Gulf Stream would not authorize aligning two other doors.

To date the windshield wipers still stall & lift from the corner of the windshield, even after a new motor. The pop-up TV lift has never worked properly. Since last April we have been having water remain on the 28' Slide-out roof when retracted. Wiper seals have been replaced. Our dealer in Coburg, OR went out of business last Nov. Since the first of the year Gulf Stream had us take the coach to a dealer in Portland (90mi). It has been there 3 times so far. Yesterday I went to pick up the coach. As the Tech was about to go over the repairs made. I noticed a small puddle of water on the dining table. I immediately checked the light fixture. Sure enough, as I jiggled the fixture a steady stream started to flow out of the slide-out ceiling. Last Nov this happened the first time. I had to remove the fixture. A 20q pail was fiiled twice in a two day period. Needless to say, I didn't bring the coach home from the dealer yesterday. There were many quality control items througout the coach. Our first dealer, Paradise RV, took care of most of them. The ceiling of the big slide has sagged at least 1" or more in the center over the dining table. Johnson RV in Portland jacked the ceiling up & installed a 10' long steel angle behind the wood facia with Gulf Stream approval. However the roof of the slide-out sags between frames allowing water to pool when you bring the slide in which allows water to come down the drivers neck the first time you hit the brakes. Gulf Stream doesn't even supply beach towels for the front & rear of the slide to catch the water.

There are a lot of features we like, namely the two bathrooms, Freightliner chassis & Cummins engine. I'm very unhappy with factory responce. At the beginning I requested plumbing & wiring diagrams. I was informed they do not give these out. My guess is they don't have a clue how it was wired or plumbed. It probably depends who was on the floor at the time the coach was built. When I contacted Fleetwood they provided the schematics within a week. This was on used '97, '99 & new '04. So far the coach has been in a shop for 3-1/2 months total. Twice at 1 mo at a time. Yesterday I tried to email Aron Druesdow but it was kicked back. I called the factory today & left a voicemail with service.

I would like to here from some of you with your experiences.
2005 Jeep Liberty
7 cats
wdawsonsr is offline   Reply With Quote