View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #114
11B

David B, the only reason I did it through the other site was that is where I first saw his post and had already replied before checking here. Here is a copy of the the PM I sent him and it is truely the way I feel about my GS Friendship.

""David first let me respond to your thoughts about David Bott and others. I bought my MH three years ago in about the same way you are (no experiance) at the time The G-8 I purchased was the top of the line for GS and with the options they offered and the price I could see no reason to go for the higher priced rigs no matter how much everyone bragged about them.

It has been my experiance over the last three years that the biggest problems you will encounter will come from componet parts and all builders use the same ones. Its a matter of reading thier warranty books and figureing it out yourself. This is mainly where the rub comes with most new buyers, they figure they should be able to call GS and and have them tell them what to do when a little reading would solve the problem ASAP.

I am very limited in my mechanical ability so as far as oil and filter changes I rely on people like Freightliner and other folks and belive me cost verse headaches its well wirth it. If you have a dealer close by to take care of warranty items for the first year you will have no problems with GS, after that your on your own with each seperate item and how to deal with them. I have found that a reasonable person will catch a lot more bees with honey than a damanding jackass that only sees the glass as half empty (most RV.net posters).

Davisd Bott is very happy with his coach but remember no matter what brand you choose you will go through a least a 12 month shake down period that I found the biggest problem to be not the coach but your ability to read and understand how it all works. Also remember that very little of what will need to be fixed actually is with the coach and builder.
I have done my homework on GS as far as a company goes and I like the fact they are family owned and have a strong balance sheet. As I said before thier still building coachs and thats a lot more than other people can say.""
Kids raised and only barrow money
400 Cummins Bad Milage
11B is offline   Reply With Quote