View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 12:06 AM   #28
rdlamb

Dan; Bob & all:

Had a plumber friend of mine use his fiber-optic lense on my outlet from commode to tank to diagnose what is going on with these tanks.

There is a 90 deg elbow, then another 90 degree elbow and drop into the black water tank. The first 90 degree elbow is connected to the commode. The run is about 17 inches to the second 90 degree elbow, the drop into the black water tank. There are troubles. The "run" is flat, so things do not move downhill.

The insert into the black water tank is on the side of the tank, not the middle of the top of the tank. Ergo, slow moving things drop down the side of the tank and build up. The "sensor" is on the same side as the dropping stuff. On flush, and the sensor is covered.

There is a flush spigot on the curb side of the tank, at the bottom of the tank. Will not allow flushing of the sensors.

Overall, everything will work, and nothing requires immediate attention. Other than the somewhat brackish procedure, the tanks and pipes are ok, just not optimally placed. The main problem is that I cannot rely on my sensors until I have them repositioned or replaced.

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote