View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 09:38 AM   #7
azgayle

Default kitchen drain/black tank

Thanks guys, everyone of you, who have responded. I'm really surprised how many thoughtful answers I've received here.

The first response, from Ron, suggested adding what type of coach I had. I didn't know how to respond to the post, so I changed my profile thinking that would show up. Of course not. But I'm learning!

I have a class A, '05 Sun Voyager, model 8388, gas, Workhorse chassis, 4 slides. It has two bathroom sinks - one on the driver side with the shower, and the other on the passenger side with the toilet, and the kitchen sink.

And for the record, if I don't shower in the coach, or use the DS bathroom sink, there is no water in the gray tank, ever. There is no question the kitchen sink drains into the black tank, and no question that it did back up into the kitchen when the black tank was cleaned and back-filled by a plumber, who almost had a heart attack.

Ron has suggested a contact at Gulf Stream who might provide me with a schematic. I can't wait to find out!

Thanks again for all your help and ideas and support!

oh, and a p.s. here - I've been at Freedom RV in Tucson, on Gulf Stream's request, for evaluation of my very long list of complaints about my coach. The Freedom service people have been terrific, but after a week of checking everything out, and sending pictures and explanations to Gulf Stream, they have been ordered to cease repairs. I'm now to go to another service center, in Southern California, late next month, for further review. Apparently pictures of the roof lines of my coach have led GS to believe I might actually be correct when saying this coach was not put together properly. None of the slides have worked smoothly since day one. But that's another story.

'newbie' Gayle Mishler
most recently from Tumacacori, AZ
[email protected]
azgayle is offline   Reply With Quote