View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #25
miataking

Default Re: Scenic Cruiser owners

I attempted to get everything online today. Water and Gas Systems. Filled the water tank with water and a cup or so bleach to be sure the lines and tank are clean. Had a significant amount of rust accumulation in the burner of the hot water heater, the jet was clogged up with dirt from those mud wasps. I blew it all out and cleaned it up fairly well, seems mostly superficial. Is it advisable to put an anode in where the drain is? Assuming I can get it loose.

Same issue with the AC/Gas refrigerator. Works great AC but would always go to safe mode (check) when switched to gas. I discovered the jet nozzle and tube had a small family of mud wasps moved in. Took all this apart cleaned it and as you may guess - it all works like it's supposed to.

My Shureflo pump 2088-403-144 has a slight drip at the pump housing, I tightened up on the screws and it slowed it to a single drop every 5-10 minutes. I imagine they make a seal kit for these. Otherwise it put good flow and pressure to every fixture. The tub seems a bit weak though, shower seems okay, but also... eh schway schway! Any know issues or things to look for.

My front AC buzzes fairly loud, the compressor cycles, the blower comes on for second, clicks then shuts off, clicks on, clicks off. It does this for awhile then eventually stays on. It's like ice as long as the blower is up to move the air. The rear does everything as it should except it's not near as cold as the front one even when not all too challenged. Can the roof units be charged? And, are the two ducted together.

I ordered in 4 gallons of the elastometric roof coating to reseal and protect what is there (RV Direct Online, $27.71 Gal) (80 sq. ft. per Gal., should get a bit over one coat) . Any suggestions on what to use on the larger seams, stack pipes and AC bases, we get a decent amount of rain here and for now it will have to brave the elements until I can get it under cover.

My awning, a manual one about 20ft I guess. Comes out but will not auto rewind. Any suggestions? I assume it's an internal spring or something. Not all that up to speed with roll up awnings. Another problem for another day.

SO far so good - my GS Scenic Cruiser is coming along - can't seem to get real work done around here now that it's shown up. Our first "shove off" date is May 30th - Florida - Disney with the wife and kids - I have a deadline.

Thanks in advance to any replies/comments. I hope that some of what I find (and post as result) will help out some other GS owners resolve the creepies.
Power Tech CD7k, Generator
No slides
miataking is offline   Reply With Quote