View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #26
RayChez1

Default Re: Scenic Cruiser owners

On my 2002 Scenic cruiser it has a anode on the bottom drain. It is about seven inches long. It will save your tank in the long run. But I am not sure what brand you have, check with the manufacturer to see if it uses one. Some don't use one.

On your Shur-Flo you might want to goggle Shur-Flo and give them a ring to see if they have a kit for the gasket, if not then maybe you can buy the material and make your own.

Not sure on your AC units, but on mine I have a duel thermastat control. You can set the rear to different temperatures from the front AC. Same for the heat pump. The rear is on zone 1, the front is zone 2. Not sure as to why your AC in the front keeps recycling so often before it gets going, but it does not sound right.

On the roof I have a one piece fiber glass with two seams where the rounded side connects. It has Dicor for caulking on those two big seams. You should check for cracks on those seams and around vents at least every six months. Also caulk around the two antenna's and around the clearance lights. If not these coaches will leak on heavy rain days.

On your awning I was wondering that maybe you are not familiar with it, and how to roll it back in. You have to push forward the big toggle release on the right side or towards the front of the coach before it will start rolling in. If it still does not roll in, then it could be that the sprocket on the end of the awning might be worn out and the spring might have lost its rewind power. It will have to be rewound and held under pressure while somebody installs the new sprocket parts. I had my sprocket replaced because on a windy day it got ruined. It cost me 87 dollars at a RV shop. Well worth it.

Ray
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote