View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #27
miataking

Default Re: Scenic Cruiser owners

You may be right about the awning, I haven't had any experience with this type. Only the ones you have to roll up by hand or the crank wand style. I downloaded the manuals from Carefree of Colorado (it's a Sprit FX), over 18ft. They show part numbers and the how to's as well as the "how to use" the thing. Everyday is an education.

Road Lighting;
Since the main items are coming along without too much expense (as much as I expected any way), I decided to convert all the weather aged running lights to LED (Maxxima). I plan to add one just aft of the front wheel well on both sides and have it coupled into the turn circuit so I'll have a side flasher for the Joe's next to me. The reverse lights are...well... a joke for seeing only enough to let some one know your headed their way. So I bought a pair of surface mount LED backups (Maximma) for the sides in the rear and a pair of strip LEDs for each side on the rear. They seem to blend in well so not gaudy and after backing it by my shop after dark, added light back there seems a must. I initially wanted the recessed bucket style fixture, the one that shoots out at like a 30 degree angle, but couldn't locate them. I started to figure that they would be pricey after I discovered the LED's cost. The LED's are just plain cool. In addition, I located the Bargman LED tail lamp conversions at RV Direct - those buggers are pricey and considering I need six segments, OY!- -Another bite, another time. This GS also as no center mounted brake light. SInce there is gobs of space on that back wall I may get one of those LED strips in red to center for it also. One of my headlamp assemblies is frosted, the other clear as a bell. They show Hella Markings. Since they are intact I may try to polish them out in lieu of hunting replacements.

Back Up Camera;
Appears as though my BU camera is on the fritz. Assuming weather has caught up to it. Any advice on a good replacement camera?
Power Tech CD7k, Generator
No slides
miataking is offline   Reply With Quote