Thread: SN Shocks
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 03:27 AM   #15
Darbgnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwerwagn View Post
Im curious how you like the Timbrens, report back when you drive it. Mine has rubber cushioned shackle hangers so the ride is great, but I need to lift the rear a touch when Im towing heavy. I havent had great luck with Timbrens on my trucks, and did air bags on my last Super C. This one is already way better than the Kodiak chassis was, so I contemplating replacing those IH bump stops with Sumo Springs version of the timbren.

When you talk to King, they should offer both a 2.5" version and a 3" diameter version (at one time they did). The 3" version is pricey, but definitely adds control. We run Kings on our race trucks, and it is amazing how much more control the larger piston gives us (one of the trucks had 4" diameter King Kong 5 tube bypasses...they are amazing).

Having said that, I have the 2.5" version on my supernova and they work great too.

--Jeff
Hi Jeff

Any chance you've had the time to take a pic or maybe even glean a part number off of your cushioned shackle hangers?

I just picked up a 2008 SN 6372 as well, and while I've only really driven it empty, it is seriously jarring in the rear over small sharp bumps and ridges. Those sound like the affordable ticket by the sounds of your ride. Not much interest in shelling out for an air suspension here either.

Is it something like this?:

https://www.morryde.com/products/rs-...on-system-kit/

Thanks
Brad
Darbgnik is offline   Reply With Quote