Thread: Norcold 1200
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 11:40 AM   #5
RayHarkness

Default Re: Norcold 1200

its called No Co for NO COOL..I guess.
I just met with an RV place down here, and they are VERY good. I was quite impressed with the owner. Its located on this back street, near the airport. I pulled up in my car, and there were probably 30 high end coaches there being worked on. LARGE staff.

Talked with the owner, he said could be the cooling unit it shot. We both know, think your the same, that we can't put a residential in...didn't really want to do that.
He said, the they can pull it out in the coach, and replaced the cooling unit itself. Everything stays the same. I am meeting some of his guys on Thursday afternoon, to have them take an intiail look. The unit was really working good back in June..I was very impressed. That dinosaur board is really worth replacing.

He said he is pretty sure its NOT the dinosaur board, (there is a reset on it, which I tried) He suspects the cooling unit...all the crap on the back, has gone bad. I said what do we do...well.he said we can replace the cooling unit iteslef, keep the same fridge box etc, and boards. They should be able to deremine he said. Our coach is 2002, so he said, you are long on time on that unit. He said he ALSO had a 2002, in his coach, that they just replaced all the crap in the back. Cost about 1500. They buy NORCOLD, not some of these other off beat brands. This guy seemed to know what was up....so we will know tomorrow. He said they made a ton of modifications, and its so much better. I was acutally happy til this deal happened. Wife is ticked at this, so trying to do it under the radar!!! If we can just do the back, not put an entire new unit in...it sounds like the way to go. SO, I will keep you posted. I did get a new Thermister, that I plan on putting in today or tomorrow...some say that could do it..some say, that wouldn't do it..so who knows.

I was VERY impressed with the shop, and the guys knowledge of things Had a friend with Winne Ultimate Freedom, these guys took his 1200 out, put in a residential. They had to do a TON of modifications..and it came out really really well. I checked it out...they come in thru a SIDE window..not take out the windshield..which I felt better about. At any rate, Thursday, they will meet me and try to get a handle on it...

I did check that bypass black box..he said they can check that. THOSE hvae been known to go bad as well. I did NOT get the idea that this guy wants to get the highest price resolve on this little project. Honestly, pending on what I have seen now, I would defintely go back to this shop.

More to come as we figure this out. OH..he told me I can disconnect the thermister, just unplug it, and the fridge goes into HIGH cool mode...won't hurt it..so its something I can try. I am just wondering if that Black Box, crapped out on me...they keep those in stock I guess.
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote