Thread: Norcold 1200
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 11:02 AM   #9
RayHarkness

Default Re: Norcold 1200

wellllllllllllllllllllllll
found a good service provider..they gave me a ton of ideas...etc.

I got a new thermister, I did not [put it on. He told me to start the fridge, unhook the themirster coupling, and that causes the fridge to run full bore. Give it 24 hours.
I got cool, almost cold in the freezer. FRIDGE box was dead..warm as the outside. Long and short of it, need to replace the cooling unit on the back. They cost about 1600 bucks. Or put a new one in. At this stage, financially, can't afford a new fridge at almost 4000 or a residential, that would need to be fitted in, taked out a window etc.

FYI...friend of mine put a residential in, and they brought it thru the same size side window as we have. Took the window out, slid the Norcold out on forklight, then new on ine...We have one furnace under the fridge, and dont' have enough height.

He said, I had replaced everything else, new dinsoaur board (which worked GREAT) new burner, new ignitor...so he said it should be pretty up to date. He did his own RV, same thing, just the cooling unit on the back. We talked about Amish units or others, and he said, he didn't think there was much difference...plus warranty for him to fix it if it goe bad. Norcold will pay. Other will allow 100 bucks for labor if it needs replacing sticking it to the provider/servicer.

so that is going to be the plan I think. He said hew new cooling unit with the Dinosaur board should make it as good as new...I asked about the fire hazard. He said, just don't run it on LP if you can..thats where the problem occurred, and keep that sensor box in place. I put a HAYLON fire unit (type used in bilges of boats) right in that back fridge compartment. He thought that was a pretty cool idea.

will keep you posted...R
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote