Thread: Norcold 1200
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #11
RayHarkness

Default Re: Norcold 1200

I know where you are coming from....one thing after another. I had problems with my slides going out..turned out the cylinders were shot. I found two local guys that do hydraulic cylinder repairs. They wanted to get into the RV area...they came out, removed them, rebuilt them, and put them back in. It was a bit of a job on the main front slide. Both of these guys were young, and not lacking for muscle. The one guy has done hydraulic work on industrial stuff. He just looked ,,,made some marks..notes...and took out the cylinder. He put them back in..tightened down nuts perfectly. They understood all the deal, but think our systems are MINOR compare to the major industrial stuff.

I will keep you posted on the cooling system if we get to that. My guy is out of town, so I am waiting til he gets back. Seems like the best way to go. Sad part it was reallllllllllllllly working great, then sat for 1.5 months, and the thing was done...Freezer was somewhat cold (but not what to the point where it should be) the box was TOAST..NOTHING... he said this is no uncommon. NOw, he noted that I have the dinoaur board, which really made a heck of a difference. I know my fridge was working the best it has ever done. I was running 34 to 35 in the fridge area..which was good. Considering...If I could get my wife to NOT just open the doors and look around...taking her time!

I think its best way to go now. I had thought about buying at Atwood AC unit for the front, which has heat in it. remove the furnace, and they can put that residential in. My friend did it on his Winnie Ulimate Freedom...Samsungh. Now..they did the work for hm. Its counter depth fridge, so not as deep. He LOVES IT.. He said, he can get things cool, then he can travel for hours, with it staying cold. So much better insulated. He said it draws 1.5 amps..where the Norcold runs 6amps. But...I dont' want to replace an overhead AC unit, take out the furnace. so, we don't do that much traveling. I replaced the board, the ignitor, the burner, and not much else to replace. The new burner made a HUGE difference...well worth the time. You can hear it roaring very smooth, where the old burner was popping and not running smooth when on.

It wasn't that bad to do. The ignitor went into the new board, I was just very careful not to screw that up. All in all..we will see. I can make this work...

More to update you when I get this job done. I really kind of wanted to still keep the LP option for traveling............

hope I made the right decision. Over and out!
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote