View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #12
RayChez1

Default Re: 2007, tourmaster/overheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewchiefpro
I travel 30,000 miles a year in my coach and overheating has been an issue. I race a car and have a 32 foot enclosed trailer on the back. In the mountains it has been overheating. What I did was clean the radiator many time to no avail. I found the clutch fan was no longer functioning when the motor got hot. Since I could not get parts for this I decided to get two 12 volt fans and a automatic start kit to run them. This start kit has a radiator sensor and is supossed to automatically fire them when the temp gets above 195. I added a remote control switch also so if they don't start I can press a button on a remote and start the fans also.

With two 16 inch fans mounted on the outside of the radiator with zip ties it really helps keep the temps in check. Total cost about $100 and we put it in two hours ( mostly wasted time trying to figure out where to mount them and wire them ). These fans are reversable in direction but luckily they pulled air instead of pushing air so we didn't have to.

Is this a side radiator or rear radiator you have on your coach. Just wondering because you mention a clutch type fan. I have a rear radiator and the fan does not have a fan clutch, so that is why I was wondering.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote