View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 01:35 PM   #4
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Well I have 2005 coach that sounds jut like yours. I have been working on it while using it for the last three years. I have never given much thought to the weight issue with the slides. The only modification to the slides was on the Dinette in the sun room. I found shorter post for the table and lowered it about 4 inches. I also moved the forward bench ten inches further toward the front and moved the table 5" forward. I will have to make new boards to fit between the benches for a bed. We are big people and the table made me feel like I was sitting at a lunch counter but in a short seat. I also thru bolted the aft bench through the floor with 1/4" carriage bolts and plan to add a couple seat belts there for additional passengers.

The biggest part of my problems come from water intrusion and other water damage. The PO used the coach like a hide away to get away from the kids. It only had 8200 miles on it when I bought it in 2017, I most recently replaced the entire floor in the Master bedroom. This damage was caused when the water supply line for the ice maker came off of the unit at the top. Every time the ice maker would ask for water (he never turned it off) the water was running to the rear right corner. This job was big. I removed the bed pedestal and tore up all of the damaged particle board with 3/4 exterior plywood. We removed all of the carpet from the bedroom and hallway and installed a waterproof laminate. we use scatted rugs in the area now. I ran the bedroom slide out during this work.

Water has been the biggest problem and the roof was just resealed and I used a white coating from Dicor and used eternabond tape around all of the skylights and roof fixtures like the shower bubble. I had this work done at an RV shop. I have pulled several of the windows and resealed them. I think I hav caught up with it for the most part.

I also removed (had removed) the RV fridge and installed a Whirlpool residential unit with door ice and water. Love it!

I replaced all of the tires wit Sumatomo ST245R 22.5 tires.

If you have any other questions PM me. I'm retired so have a lot of free time!

Sudsy
They look like nice photo's, but can you have them rotated so that I do not put a kink on my neck? LOL!
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote