View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #8
GStream40
Site Team

Russ,

On my present GS coach and my previous, they is a "sticker" label above the driver's seat on the wall between the driver's side window and the slideout. Mine is partially hidden by the windshield curtain.

On this label there is the GS serial number/built date and also the Freightliner Chassis serial number and built date.

Chassis built dates are usually 2 months or more behind the manufacturer coach built date.

On my present 2004 coach, the Gulf Stream built date is 11/03 and the chassis built date is 08/03 so the chassis was built 3 months before the coach body was finished on the chassis.

So if your chassis was built before 01/07 which definately the engine was, then the '07 EPA regulations should/would not apply to your engine, your coach is a '07 with a chassis built in '06 to '06 regulations.

If the information I received is correct and Freightliner has not used any MB engines in their chassis since '07 regulations went into effect then someone is crying wolf without the proper information. I really can't believe or see any chassis manufacturer installing any engine unless it met all the EPA requirements. It would be too costly and a stupid thing to do IMO.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote