View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 05:13 AM   #3
gerry_greene

Default bad bedroom floor

I have a 1998 Sun Sport and had the same problem. I'm pretty sure it came from the factory with a loose connection at the external fresh water hook up. The leak was inside and would not have been detected by the previous owner until it was too late. My coach only had two previous owners and they only owned it for a year. The guy before me only put 1K on it. It had 27K when I bought it. The interesting part is that it was not titled until 2003. I got this info from Car Fax. I wonder where it was all that time. I purchased it 2/2005. You are right about that sub floor. I'm sure it will protect from moisture that comes from the bottom due to the plastic coating on the bottom side but the top is unprotected from water leaks and the material is a perfect wick It just soaks up water and spreads. Coating the top would solve that problem but that would be up to 3M the wood manufacturer. This coach had many problems related to sitting around for a long period. I'm begining to wonder if it may have been involved in a factory buyback and the found its way back on the market. Fortunatly I did all the repairs myself. Now that it is back to normal I love it and look forward to some good times. I probably would have backed away from this one if I couldn't handle the repairs and the fact that it fit my needs perfectly.