View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 06:46 PM   #4
dbrownmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMike View Post
Help? My husband, Mike, and I own a 2011 VISA by Gulfstream, Model 19 ERD. We must buy a wheel well for it. And, the outer trim piece/"fender" that goes onto the trailer after we install the new wheel well. WE NEED TO BUY THIS ASAP.

Any advice? Where can we order one of these, whether new or used? We live in Florida, but I suppose it could be shipped to us from where ever, yes?

Thank you!
Moe
I'm from Canada and have the exact same travel trailer and year. A few years ago I had a tire blow out and it ripped apart the fender skirt as you say. My wheel well was ok. It was a hassle to get a replacement and it took almost a year. The problem was you cannot buy it directly from Gulfstream, you had to buy it from a dealer.
I checked all the dealers around Windsor Ontario and no one carried Gulfstream and could not get parts. I checked all the big RV national dealers around Detroit and South East Michigan. No luck there.
I went back to my dealer and they said that if I could get a part number from Gulfstream, they might be able to get it.
The next problem was that Gulfstream does not have a parts list on their website and my dealer couldn't access one either. I called Gulfstream direct two or three different times and no one would give me the time of day because I wasn't a dealer.
Finally one nice lady understood my dilemma and asked me to email the information and she said she could do her best.
I wrote the email with what I needed giving the year and the side that I needed. The next problem was for the 2011 Visa, they no longer make that fender skirt. They changed the design a couple years later when the trailer became a Vista Cruiser. (Same trailer but they introduced an additional colour from the original white and also raised the trailer by another 3 or 4 inches. The original one is just too low and I often bottom out when going up a gas station ramp etc. Anyway she said that the new skirt comes down a little lower and might not fit.
She sent me the part number and my dealer was able to order it. It came a couple of weeks later and although it looks totally different, I figured you only look at one side at a time so I installed it. As it turns out if fit perfectly even using the same screw holes. I had the old one off and the new one on and caulked in less than an hour and a half. Good luck.
dbrownmg is offline   Reply With Quote