View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #5
WE B RVN

gsadmin

Very interesting question that you have put before us today. It has been several years ago, but I checked into just that. At that time, it would not hold up to high winds in the closed position, like driving at 70 mph plus 15 mph head wind. They have made some changes since then. However, I would check the small print on that issue. It may present some different problems in mounting it, but I think they could be overcome. The Sun Setter extends out 10 foot from the wall. That is 2 foot farther then the standard rv awning. To me, that is a big plus. However, that will add some weight. That issue could compromise the structural integrity of your rv. I think it is worth checking into, but be very careful. Also, 18 foot length is the longest available. I would be interested myself, but I need a 24 foot awning. I will have a new one installed this spring. I have had both Carefree and A & E. I'm going with the A & E 9000 woven acrylic fabric and metal weathershield. It's a manual operating unit. The 9000 now has a piston-action automatic rain dump. I prefer a manual unit, however I did consider an electric just so I would not have to hang out my wife's lights every time the awning goes out.

Good Luck
Kevin
WE B RVN is offline   Reply With Quote