View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
RJ82much

Ron,

You ask the age-old question.... I can tell you that, yes, the head-of-operations, managers, supervisors, engineers, employees go camping... Many are avid RVers. They go to the rallies, & mix with their customers. The ones that I have met, communicated with, and heard about are good, down-to-earth, staunch users of their products.

How they aren't bothered by goooey drippy hose-stuff on their hands, by bugs flying thru screen door passthru's, cabinet doors that don't stay up because of faulty hardware, compartment doors that won't stay closed & locked or don't open enough to reach into, by CB antenna leads too short to connect into a CB, unmarked switches & connectors, wobbly tables, chairs too tall to get your legs under, tables too low to eat at, switches for outdoor lights that don't indicate they are on, hot water heater switches that indicate they are on when in fact they may not be, wiring - plumbing - piping totally unidentified/undocumented - oh jees, now I'm getting all worked up again, what did I do with those pills?

Some of these things are industry-wide ("that's the way we always do it") problems, some are unique to our manufacturer. None seem to ever be questioned or addressed. I lie, those fortunate enough to purchase brand new, BIG units will absolutely LOVE the swing out compartment doors! They are awesome, unfortunately not on my Sun Voyager.

You are correct Ron, that many of these annoyances are really RV industry - but wouldn't it be nice if a RV manufacturer encouraged thoughtful engineered corrections by their industry suppliers instead of merely overlooking the shortcomings?

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote