View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #4
SlimTim

Default Re: Supernova wheels

Hey Brian,

You can get used wheels from most any Big Truck Wrecking Yard or off of eBay. They are a standard and very common 22.5x8.25 rim. You will only need 4 as you don't typically replace the inner rear rim. If you do replace both the inner and outer rear rims be mindful you may need longer wheel studs. Two aluminum rims are much thicker than two steel or a steel and an aluminum.

Cost for used 22.5x8.25 rims start around $125.00ea. You can also buy new rims (non Alcoa) for $200.00ea off of eBay. Unless you have a bunch of free time, an orbital sander, and a bunch of sandpaper I would purchase new rims vs. used. I probably have 20 plus hours of labor and a couple hundred $$ in sandpaper, polish, aluminum cleaner and dust masks invested in my used rims trying to get them to look good. They still are not perfect but I got tired of working on them and being covered in aluminum dust. Unless the prior owner took really good care of the rims, used rims will have pitting and this pitting is extremely difficult to sand out of the rim - it sucks.

I hope your engine replacement was successful and you are pleased with the performance.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote