View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #6
BadX

Default Re: Supernova wheels

I bought a set of 6 from Raney's Truck parts. I just got around to calling about having them installed and the truck service center I called said, sure thing no problem....but then we ran into a problem. He said DOT requires three full turns of the lugs to hold the wheels on. The new wheels are just over a 1/2" thicker than the original steel wheels and that is how much extra lug is on the front and even less on the rear. So again, they said no problem, we can change the studs out. This shop charges $110 a hour labor on doing something like that. They didn't have an estimate because they weren't sure how long it would take but I figured it would take at least a hour to hour and half per wheel so figuring 4 sets of wheels lugs at 1.5 hour the cost was going to be in the $600-900 range to just do the studs, then it was $40 per wheel to demount and mount the tires and then $15 per wheel to balance with either beads or weights. So it became a very costly project very quickly. I am trying to send the wheels back to Raney's but if not I'll have 6 brand new (non polished) RV wheels for sale if anybody would be interested.
BadX is offline   Reply With Quote