View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 12:56 AM   #10
SlimTim

Going to install my Aluminum wheels this Wednesdays. A friend and I installed the new longer rear studs Saturday. It took us about 2 hours total time, but 30min of this was spent trying to get the original wheel cover off of the passenger side. The wheel cover sheet metal was stuck on the threads of the retaining studs and it would not come off. If you decide to put the aluminum wheels on your Supernova make sure you locate a shop that has the proper tools. If they have the correct tools they should be able to replace all the studs on the rear axle in less than two hours. if they are quoting you more time I would look for another shop. To make sure I ordered the correct replacement studs, I got one new stud from International so I new what was currently on the chassis. Once I had this I just ordered new studs that were longer by approx. 7/8". The new studs were just over $5.00ea from an online store and the total with shipping came to approx.$108.00.

I ended up taking four of my rims (they were used from a wrecking yard) and having them polished. The rims look really good and I can't wait to have them installed. I will post some pictures as soon as they are on the Supernova.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheel Studs.jpg (253.8 KB, 4 views)
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote