View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 10:03 PM   #1
FlyingFilly28

Default bottom of slide getting gouges

I have a 2008 Independence. The slide on the passenger where the table is rubs on the white teflon strip leaving gouges in the bottom of the slide. When the slide is in the front corner is rubbing on the linoleum. At first I thought it was grease but I see now that is it black covering off the bottom of the slide. Also the angle iron on the bottom of the slide that stops it from going out too far is bent and the slide appears to go out too far before the inside frame touches the wall. The outside seems to fit well when it is slide in. I also noticed that the slide moves smoothly for about 1/2 the travel distance then clunks once and travels the rest of the way in fine. I read the post "Slide out issues on 2007 Crescendo"and followed the link
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...g_82_S0523.pdf

I am not sure that if I need to do these adjustments or not. I don't have any paperwork about the slide mechanism so I am not even sure I have this type of unit. Can anyone tell me how I can determine the type of slide mechanism I have? I also don't see how to adjust the floor height it tells you how to check but not how to change it. Is it something that needs to be done at a RV repair place?
FlyingFilly28 is offline   Reply With Quote