View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 11:23 AM   #17
rundlc

Default Re: Are you a 97-01 tourmaster owners? Do you have a tag?

Ray and Chuck, thanks for all the info. The early tm constellation models were very nice, and as much as I love them I am starting to think I can get more technology with this later model t40c, finding a t40 u is gonna be like funding a needle in a haystack!

That being said the t40c platform is growing on me, I love the walk in closet, taller ceilings, full size w d etc.
I'm very concerned about that Benz motor, I know nothing about them other than it sounds very expensive when repairs are needed. The other issue is the lack of a hydronic water heating system. I'm sure gs yanked these units because of cost, the early ones this was standard, which is another reason I like the 99 2000 model.

I can live with the small repair type items that I'm sure will need to be fixed, I have seen one unit thus far and it appears to me that the materials used in the later models was not as high end as the early units. Our main concern is space since we do plan on some full timing. I have to make a 6 hour drive to Los Angeles to see the t40c unit. I am sure my dw will like it as it checks most of our boxes.

I wished there was space for a dish drawer but the kitchen cabinets do not look like it will support one.

Many thanks and I'm sure I'll have more questions.

To go old or to go new.
rundlc is offline   Reply With Quote