Thread: A/C problems
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 10:03 AM   #3
Rob Maiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsonterre View Post
I have a 2008 Gulf Stream 8330 Independent. I'm having problem getting the front roof mounted A/C to start and turn off. Rear one working fine. The front one when wall switch is turned on will take several seconds up to about 10 sec. before the A/C starts "some times". When it does I here a bang sounds like it coming from the rear. After starting wont turn off need to flip breaker to get it to stop then wont start. I did replace the wall thermostat with no results. I think there is a solenoid hanging up. Question where is it? or is there some other problem? Doing the check with the jenny running and no shore power.
Thanks.
I’ll assume you have a Dometic Analog system. If so you probably want to convert it to digital system as Sudsy mentioned. I fought intermittent AC/Furnace issues for a couple of months before I upgraded. The thermostat/board kit is available on Amazon (from Dometic) for about $100. There are knock-offs available for less $. The advantage to buying from Amazon is Dometic will provide phone support.
Rob Maiers is offline   Reply With Quote