View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 09:54 AM   #5
Chuck v

Jon,

I suspect your coach is one of the T40 series, and the 49t is a typo... Attached is a brochure on these coaches that shows how they were configured when sold, and the various sub-model designations (mine for instance was a T40C...)

Yes, the converter is what charges the house batteries and also provides the 12 volt lighting power when on shore power. There should be two house batteries in parallel in the curb side basement bay just behind the rear wheels. In that same bay, there should also be TWO parallel 12 volt batteries that are the chassis batteries. Surprised that only one of these was replaced -- operating lead acid batteries in parallel requires that they be well matched as to age, condition and manufacturer...so watch that the good new battery does not boil the older one as it begins to age out and fail.

The AC circuit breakers in your coach should all be in a pair of panels under the residential refrigerator, so check that the one for converter is not tripped there -- I cant recall if it is a separate breaker or just marked as one of the driver's side AC circuits. You may note that the main AC breakers are those loads that are only powered from shore power or the generator, whereas the secondary panel loads also can be powered from the inverter (such as the refrigerator and the TV...) The main breaker panel source powers the secondary panel through the inverter's transfer switch, so if shore power is present, power to all loads come from there.

I think that all of the Tour Master coaches of this vintage came with power reels. so maybe a prior owner took yours out when its mechanism failed. I had to replace mine as I lived aboard my coach and the cord stayed extended for most of the time, causing the brushes in the real to remain in a fixed position. Motion of the brushes on the mating connector rings is what keeps everything clean and free of corrosion, so at one point my reel lost connection to one leg of the dual 50 amp park connection. I replaced the reel with a new assembly, as just the parts were not available and it was a bit costly...so maybe the PO of your coach opted to just have a cord that did not have a power reel which would be a less expensive "fix."

Chuck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2007TourMasterBrochure part 1.pdf (1.11 MB, 21 views)
File Type: pdf 2007TourMasterBrochure part 2.pdf (1.58 MB, 23 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote