View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Luckiest Dreamer

I will put in my 2 cents worth as well. I have a 2008 40A with the Mercedes. It is a good ride and handles the towing well. Even in the mountains. I do recommend having brakes on the Toad. It just makes sense to have the extra braking power. The Allison Transmission is the best and any problems with it would be unusual. As for how Gulf-stream is to deal with, they are about as good as your local dealer is. Having one with a solid connection to them is a must. I know that many will say they are responsive, but that has not been the case with me. I go hot and cold on this, when I am sitting in one spot and out playing golf or fishing the MH is not giving me any trouble. But it seems that the miniute I have a need to work on it I "always" find three other things wrong and they are usually connected to something that I think leads directly to something that could have been done better during the construction process. I have to admit, the Tour master is the first MH that I have owned. Although, I have owned several campers and boats and was very familar with most of the systems installed, I cannot compare apples to apples when it comes to Motorhomes.
8 MPG