View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
anoldman

Default Re: Seat Cushions Unravelling - Anyone Else Had This Happen?

Well, I got a call a few days ago from my dealer saying my replacement seat cushions had come in. I loaded up my old frayed ones and took them in to exchange for the new ones. I spoke with the parts manager who was very friendly and helpful and my cushions were replaced without any problems. As I was about to leave I asked if the service manager who had been so hostile toward me was still there and was told he was. I wasn't surprised by that answer, but I was greatly disappointed in the realization that the focus of this dealer was apparently on the sale and not on customer satisfaction afterward. Their prior knowledge of that service manager's belligerent attitude toward customers and unwillingness to deal with it speaks to that.

I remain a satisfied Gulf Stream owner and am thankful for their fine warranty coverage, but in the future I'll do a better job of checking out my dealer before the sale. This experience has driven home the fact that good service after the sale is just as important as a good selling price.