View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #28
David Bott

Update...

Well, just so those following along, we still do not have the TM back and it was only last Thursday I heard from the VP of Operations at GS.

Very nice, was very concerned and at this things are not moving forward to getting started on the repairs. I still think we should not be where we are. A NEW coach being fixed. Yes, I have heard it before, this is the way it is. But it should not be. Simple as that. That is my message. I am sure we will get the couch and start to enjoy it, but the message is the same.

I will be at the Home Coming Event if anyone wants to meet and maybe try to come up with a way GS can become of a better company. Lets face it, you can not beat the price point. But that does not mean the build should suffer. It is a pride thing!

I am set to be on the round table talk, but then I read it is not the place to talk about problems. Well, I think it should be. GULF STREAM, you DO NOT want people talking about the issues on an open site like this. I wonder how many people found this site, and this thread, that were considering GS and moved on. I hate to think that would be the case, but what are we to do?

READERS CONSIDERING A GULF STREAM COACH...

You can not go wrong for the price point vs other similar floor plans rigs. That is one reason we went with GS. We also went with GS because our dealer, Dick Gores RV World, who are GREAT GREAT PEOPLE spoke highly of them. The reps I have reached on the phone of GS have been very nice. The VP of operations was very nice. I see no reasons the issues we have will not be taken care of. As you have read, it was about the poor build process that has made this a sour issue for us. Would me buy GS again, yes, based on price and ONLY after looking at the rig closely for build issues.

One other concern now...Even though they list GS service centers, I found out that a service center DOES NOT HAVE TO SERVICE YOUR RIG. I was actually told I was lucky that the dealer in my area is doing the work as a lot of dealers will not service you unless you bought from them. I was shocked by this and lucky I guess. Augh!

David

[edited for corrections.]
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote