View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #86
David Bott

UPDATE...

Ok, just got the coach back and now I need to get it ready for the trip.

On the way home I noticed that the fan that is under the coach, in the front, that is in front of something I thought was the A/C exchanger, was running when I had the heat on.

Now what I mean by ON, is that the dial that has the little icons for FEET/FRONT, FEET, FRONT/DEICE, and DEICE (OFF at the top) and then A/C items on the left. If it was in any position other that just FEET, the fan would come on. (Not sure why it would not come on for FEET only...but it did not.)

Now this is the fan UNDER the coach (Outside in front of the front axle) , not to be confused with the blower fan inside the dash which has it's own speed dial.

So, is this also the heater core and the fan is needed for something? I thought it was the A/C coils as I had only heard the fan cycle on and off on and off, on and off. This is the first time I have used the heat really, this is why this may be a strange question.

NOTE...I am asking for one of the things that was replaced was the Thermo Switch. This was replaced as the front end A/C stopped working and I was told it was the switch and they replaced it.

So, I guess the question is...what is that unit under the coach with the fan? As it is a radiator type unit that seems to run with both the heat and the A/C.

Thank you.

BTW...The slide was fixed, the window was replaced (with a differnt brand mind you as the other went out of busniess) and the dropped panels were secured and repainted. Now I can start to set up the coach for our trip.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote