Thread: King Size Bed
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 07:57 AM   #13
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ82much
Even though Mike's Custom Painting did extensive work on my coach, we never got over to the paint shop (wish we did) nor the cabinet shop. In fact, all I saw BOTH times was building 58(?) assembly. I shouldn't say "all" because I'd need another several tours to spot everything.

One tour guide was "Chuck". He seemed most interested in chassis' at the early stage, especially FRED. The 2nd guide was "Jake" who took us right to the internal components (I assumed that was his specialty). I got little opportunity to mingle with the workers as we were herded right along, though with ample opportunity to question everything. The factory had gone home before the 2nd tour started.

I recommend that every owner take an opportunity to tour the factory if you can. It will give you a whole new insight & respect into how your coach is designed & built. ...and the complimentary ice cream sunday at the end is a real treat.

Ha Ha Ha, just kidding about the ice cream!
The best way to get a tour of the factory is with the Gulf Streamers when the Back Home Rally is held. We get to see more of the plant than the regular tours do.

Also, we get steak and shrimp after the tour served at the Country Club, get to play games, golf and then have entertainment.

I am not joking, we really do.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote