Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 11:38 AM   #4
Mike1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo View Post
Hello, I just bought a 92 29' gulfstream conquest, it only has 29,000 miles everything works ,generator,frige, heater ,a/c etc. I just changed the oil next I will change the trany fluid and filter and drain the torque converter. I will be using this rig to tow my 18' Lund boat up to Alaska from northern Nevada next spring when I retire. I plan to go through/ replace all hoses , drive belts, grease bearings, check breaks. I was going to buy a much newer rig but could not pass this one up. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
I would go as far as buying a rebuild alternator to carry wit you. Make sure you hav a small automotive battery charger, hopefully your generator is on a separate battery bank. If so you can in a pinch you can start your generator and charge engine batteries.
I had that happen to me in Texas. The spare generator I had was wrong. Date codes on the tires is very important. Look up DOT tire codes on line.. anything more than 6 years old should be replaced, especially if your rig came from Arizona. Ups on water pump and all hoses, thermostat too! You may want to flus the cooling system as well.
Know where your fuel pump is! And look up on line to see if anyone has had issues with them.
I’m speaking from my experiences.
Mike Root
Tulalip Washington
35 Miles Northwest of
Seattle
Mike1931 is offline   Reply With Quote