Thread: Won't Start
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 04:32 PM   #7
Steve Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgorham View Post
Good Morning, I have a 2008 Gulfstream Crescendo with an 8.3l Cummins that will not start, it turns over well but won't fire. My question is where are the fuel filters located, I found the water separator and when i opened the valve on the bottom, like to drain the water nothing comes out. I'm sure it is empty. In the past I've noticed a small amount of diesel on the valve so maybe it all drained out..(?). Where is the fuel filter and how do I prime the system? I know I have over 3/4 tank of fuel. I do not have a manual for this engine so I'm asking advice..Thanks in advance.
The fuel filter is on the passenger side of the engine assuming a diesel pusher like my Scenic Cruiser. Also. When you turn the key on, you should hear a him from the electric low pressure lift pump. Again, it's about mid engine on the passenger side. This pump feeds the high pressure injection pump and it only runs about 40 seconds. If you've lost that much fuel through the separator, you make have a leak somewhere. If the high pressure injector pump sucks air, it can be VERY bad. If you don't hear the lift pump, you may need to replace it. A few hundred dollars but better than thousands for injectors, etc.
Steve Little is offline   Reply With Quote