View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #9
gsadmin

So, since everyone thinks that forum posts turn out heated, let me give you just one of many types of scenarios i read on RV boards such as ours and how they might turn out IF there were someone from GS online here.

=============
Owner:
Hey, does anyone know what size tanks my 2003 GS Independence 34' Class A has? I lost the manuals and just wanted to know before my maiden voyage this year as we will be doing alot of dry camping. Oh, also, sometimes my compartment lights work and sometimes they dont, any clues? Finally, my wife backed into the shed with the coach and I need to match the paint for the repair, does anyone know the paint codes?

GS-"helper":
Hey, I think I may be able to help you. Can you give me the last 6 numbers of your VIN and I will see what I can find.

Owner:
Thanks, its 345T43

GS-"Helper"
OK, first of all, your Grey and Black water tanks are 40 gallon and your fresh water tank is 80 gallons. Next, I don't know what is the problem for sure on your compartment lights, but some people are not aware that there is a master switch on the inside door panel and maybe your kids (or significant other) are flipping it on or off from time to time and that is whythey are working intermittently, try that. Last, the paint codes for your vehicle are XX, YY, and ZZ.

Owner:
Thanks so much GS-guy.
============

Now, i will also say that if anything were to get over the top heated, the forum is moderated and as well the GS person could send a private message or call the person to resolve over the phone at any time.

Its only a lose-lose when you either have a knucklehead from the factory or a knucklehead owner. Either one can be dealt with quite easily. Using that as an excuse not to be active in the forum is a cop-out. I have created manufacturer participatory forums for quite a few companies in the computer software and hardware industry. Did those companies take their lumps from time to time...of course...but thats the price you pay to be a big boy and provide some of the best CS in whatever your industry is. We are in the internet age now...live with it or die.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote