Thread: toad
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #8
rdlamb

Boy, my message was not up to my standards. Sorry, late at night and I was not thinking linearly.

My TM is suppose to have a GVW of 34500 lbs. Since the dry wt is 32K, I can load up to 2500 lbs of personal belongings onto the coach. If my last post went through, then I am in trouble. My wife does not have 2500 lbs of shoes and clothes, just 2100 lbs. The rest is mine.

The GAWR weight listed on my sticker, speaks to the total weight of the coach, including the tongue weight of the towed vehicle. Pull the coach onto the scale, but not the towed vehicle, and weigh the coach. That weight should not exceed this limit. Most towed toads do not add to the tongue weight.

The towing capacity of the coach is not listed on the identification sticker. According to the Freightliner Rep, I can tow up to 20K, depending. The tongue weight cannot exceed the GAWR. Given a double axle trailer or toad that does not add to the coaches weight, then I can tow 20K. Since my hitch is only rated at 10K I can only tow a vehicle that weights that amount or less provided the weight from that towed vehicle does not press down on my hitch more than that amount allowed by the GAWR.

Hopefully, I stated this comprehensibly, then again it is late at night.

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote