View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #4
Texas TC

Listen to lockdoc. It is my experience and I have even been told this by the dealer that the QC and finish out items are left to the dealer. I have heard that as much as 10-15% of the final work can be finished upon delivery. It is sad that they work that way but my dealership handles Winnebago, Tiffin, Damon, and Gulf Stream and all are the same way.

After finding this was the case with the first coach we owned (Four Winds Fun Mover), I selected a dealership less than a mile from my house to buy my Gulf Stream SuperNova. Although I have not had the issues you noted, the few items I have had have been repaired to my satisfaction and I can check in on the progress daily by walking up to the dealership.

Good luck with your adventure and remember, these things are a combination of your car/truck and your house. You probably did not have problems with your vehicle but if you have ever built a house (I have built 3), the punch list can be pages. Just work through it and you will suddenly have memories and stories to share while everyone tells their RV stories around a campfire. I promise, everyone has them.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote